Friday, January 18, 2013

The Music I Listen To

In an earlier post I discussed the type of music that I listen to in order to get into the zone of writing. Quentin Tarantino has spoke in the past about combing through his album collection to find the music that will define the film that he is working on.

In the case of The One You Feed movie, I have had a clear and distinct style that I want to evoke and much of that comes from the soundtrack to Michael Mann's masterpiece film Heat. In fact the a lot of The One You Feed will come from my enjoyment of watching and listening to films by Michael Mann.

Over the last few days I penned two scenes that will introduce our main female character, Eady, throughout the rest of the film. I choose two pieces of the soundtrack for Heat to listen to repeated while typing those scenes.

Below is that piece of music. And yes, Eady is the name of Amy Brenneman's character in Heat.




No comments:

Post a Comment